After much delay we have just published the thirteenth edition of our yearly Brimington and Tapton Miscellany. It’s now our 13th edition.
Articles include the following:
- I’m from hereabouts: a short family history – Anne Goss
- ‘A shocking and fatal accident’: the Unwin family at Brimington Hall – Barbara Rich
- St Mary’s mission church, Brimington Common, part one 1878-1945 – Philip Cousins
- The Spanish Lady visits Brimington: how the village was affected by the 1918-1919 flu outbreak, part two – Paul Freeman
- Further notes on Brimington Congregational Church and the miners’ welfare recreation ground pavilion
- Chronicle of local events 2020 (includes notes about artwork at the new ‘Heritage Green’ housing development; housing developments at Manor Drive, ‘Heritage Green’ and on the site of the former egg production facility, Manor Road; Brimington business changes (Robinsons caravans, public houses, Eco Voltz; telephone boxes removed; parish church alterations; railway activity; Crow Lane closure to traffic and inevitably the Coronavirus pandemic.)
It’s a 92 page illustrated A4 publication, in series with other Miscellanies. Costing £6 (plus postage), copies are available at our Community Centre meetings or by contacting us.
We are very sorry for the delay in publication.
We are currently working on a project to index the journals. Additionally we aim to make Miscellany 2 available as a free down-load in the new year.